Thursday, February 2, 2012

Collector Spotlight #16 Alpha and Omega

Unfortunately, during my first year and a half of tattooing I wasn't much focused on keeping good records, and so there are some piece (such as this one) that I really am proud of, yet I cannot remember who is wearing it. I feel terrible about that, but then there it is. Now, as I have come into my own I do maintain much better records of my work, who wears it and the pictures of the process. and still working to improve that part of my job all the time.
If any of my readers knows the bearer of this tattoo, let me know. I would like to add that to this image.

So anyway, this was a piece that quite a challenge, the parallel lines inside the letters as well as the fillagree around them, I was lucky it was so big, so I could work through all the detail with room to breath. It seems that the bigger the design gets, the easier it is to get the detail, but of course the longer it takes. smaller pieces with high detail tend to seem harder in my opinion.

Stages one and two are shown side by side here, I didn't have any other pics of this piece to show, and I am so short on time, I figured this would be a fun and easy bit to post today.

thanks for reading! I'll see you here next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment