Monday, February 21, 2011

Spider-Man Reboot

http://screenrant.com/amazing-spider-man-movie-image-mask-web-shooters-sandy-101427/#top
so there is the link my brother sent me on the subject, likely knowing my level of interest. (Disclosure: I am a HUGE childhood Spider-Man fan, back before it was cool, in fact learning how to draw by tracing and copying pictures of spider-man from my comic books)

First, My take on the three Sam Raimi movies is simple. #1 was okay, not bad, Goblin could have been better. #2 kick ass perfect, Molina simply rocked Doc Ock and it the movie had more memorable characters than any of them. #3... Venom should have been saved for a #4 film, and Emo Parker was ridiculous as well as all of the cinematic rehashing from the first movie. SFX were pretty fun tho.

So as far as what I saw on the page the link above leads to... I like the costume... though I'm still thinking it looks a bit expensive/complex for a teenage kid to have crafted, even a genius kid, Parker was clever, but a poor kid. Glad to see the actual webshooters, but at the same time, the natural ones made more sense to me, as a power.

As for being a "sorta" reboot, I say shit or get off the pot, in order for the new movies to have their own identity (and they need it) they shouldn't be tied to the bullshit of Spiderman3 (Spider-Man1 is pretty much Cannon, no real reason to deviate from it)

and hopefully that guy from social network pulls off a better Parker than Tobey.

No comments:

Post a Comment