Sunday, May 6, 2012

And the Grind keeps on grinding.

Back to work. (did I stop?) There is so much to keep up with, it's overwhelming sometimes. I tried to stop working on stuff at home for a while and get a chance to unplug, but then I fall behind, (as if I were ever ahead) and become filled with the need to get as much done as I can at home, while also hanging out with Dawn and Liberty.

Where the magic happens. Seriously, see the boxes of magic cards, under that stack of drawings and notes....


But it's time to focus on Artistic Tattoo marketing materials = Biz card, website, flier designs and a couple Art Posters, and start to reshape the shops brand. That starts with good art and design, and consistency to establish a familiar and recognizable image. Then we can attach our message to that image. It's all part of my "Master Plan"... Such as rolling out the QR Codes again. This time I'll have Dynamic Codes to tattoo on people, codes that can have their content changed whenever the user wants.

you know these things, you scan with a smartphone..


How about that Alex Jones? Click here to see what I'm talking about. Also check the Best of Section on the right to see more about my scannable QR code tattoos.

In all reality, it's stuff I should have had taken care of a couple months ago, but the shop has been a handful, and we have so much still to do.

The time is now to focus all my energy into a fine point, so I've decided that for the time being, I'm not even going to try to work on other side projects such as the novel I've been trying to write, or the comics I have been trying to make. The most non tattoo/shop related work you'll see me do for a while will be the SkullHead and Bunny strip. That's easy stuff, and It makes me smile.

As a side note, I've been doing a bit of heavy reading, The Prince by Machiavelli and Sun Tzu at the moment. I plan to add more to that list of such classics. If you get curious enough, you do worse than reading these pivotal books that have shaped much of modern thought.

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you all here again in few days!




No comments:

Post a Comment