Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's hard out there for an Artist...

My First Portrait! Still fresh and incomplete, but I am very happy with how this has turned out so far.


Life doesn’t get any easier does it? The Tattoo biz is slow this time of year, in what has been the slowest year since I’ve gotten into tattooing. But then, I’ve never let something like that get in my way. I have been working on “other means” of income, something I didn’t worry so much about before my Daughter came into the world. But now it’s got to be a regular part of the game plan.

Vanessa's Lettering on the Ribs. We'll add "Aquetas" later.


I’ve been meaning to post some of my older projects, work I did before I got into tattoos, and I still plan to do so, but I have been pretty focused on getting more tattoo, and tattoo design work done, also putting together a new portfolio, something I’ve needed to do for a while now…

I still have my sketchbooks available through Superior Tattoo, and on Amazon as well, just follow the following links,   Book1       Book2  they make great Christmas gifts and can be a good source of ideas.

"God Speed"

I am also working on a set of Flash Art I will debut on This Site I am checking out. We’ll see if it turns out to be as cool as it claims, if so, you’ll find a lot of my work go up there.

I have also been working on a Sci-Fi novel, and a few other “hobby projects” that I will have to set aside for a bit as I get a few of these other tattoo projects sorted out.

Unfortunately, I will have to make some changes to the way I do things come this New Year. Most of which I will explain as time goes by, as things are still up in the air. “Evolve or Die” is the motto of the day! And I got a Baby to feed.  

Always felt this piece needed some musical notes...
A very cool Tree!
Of course what would a Blog post be without some pics to see, after all, you’re not here to read my babbling bullshit, but check out my work. At least, I hope you are. ha!

Most of these pics in this post are from a little ways back. But the Portrait, "Veritas" and this Tree here are pretty recent. Just looking to mix it up a bit.

I've been finishing up some large projects, a few back pieces and sleeves that are finally getting buttoned up. once I can get some good healed pics, I'll do a few new collector spotlights.

69Sins.com - Bad ass band, everyone should check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment